Engaging content is essential for any brand. It can generate awareness, persuade people to take action, and drive business.
Whether it’s appearing on a company website, social media, earned or paid media channels or through influencers or content creators, it’s imperative to ensure strategic content is at the centre of any communications plan.
1. Content can work really hard: Do more with less!
When developing your content strategy, it’s important to consider all the channels your brand has available and how one piece of content can be adapted and tailored to suit a number of channels.
Not only does it create efficiencies for your team, it also presents a cohesive narrative from your brand. For example, if your PR agency is developing a thought leader media strategy, think about where else this content can live. Could it be flipped into a blog for the website, social media posts, a theme for an influencer campaign or a short video for internal communications? The possibilities are endless.
2. Create people-first content to help drive traffic
While search engine optimisation (SEO) and brand key messages are important, avoid drafting content based around them – Google (and your audience) will see straight through it! What Google considers more important is delivering content that is reliable and will help your audience.
Whether you are creating content to keep your current audience engaged, to attract or convert new customers in the awareness phase, it’s important to apply a people-first lens to ensure you are creating insightful and impactful content.
3. Turn customer insights into business efficiencies
Does your customer service team have a set of questions that your customers are regularly asking? Why not kill two birds with one stone and turn that data into engaging content.
Is there a news hook in the data? Could the questions be answered via a blog or video that can be hosted on your website? Not only does building content around these questions provide a brand awareness opportunity, it gives way to a positive user experience, allowing your team to focus on other objectives, while driving traffic to your website or social channels.
Kick-start your content planning for the new financial year with an IMPACT workshop. We currently have a 10% discount for all strategic workshops booked before 30 June 2023.
- IMPACT’s narrative workshop can help align key messages with current brand objectives, audience needs and behaviors. Receive a strategic narrative report with audience behavioural considerations, as well as suggested content pillars and tactics to bring messages to life. Bolster this workshop with IMPACT’s unique share of voice benchmark. Who you think your competitors are, compared to Google, might surprise you.
- Alternatively, the commercial challenges workshop deep dives into the competitive landscape alongside your business imperatives to set the focus, initiatives and actions required to make FY2024 matter. Receive a post-workshop strategic framework that will help reinforce your reputation, strengthen relationships and bolster business outcomes.
- We have offer a message and media workshop as part of our EOFY offers, to learn the techniques to skillfully guide conversations and respond to tough questions.
Reach out here to book your workshop and claim your discount.