At IMPACT, we’ve refined the art of selecting, briefing, and managing social media partners to create awareness, grow share of voice and build reputation. Here’s how we do it – and who makes the cut.
As social media continues to morph and change, it can be difficult to keep pace with which platform is best suited to amplifying your brand, let alone which people and profiles to approach.
Once upon a time, influencers ruled social media marketing but, as platforms mature, the landscape has evolved to make way for content creators.
What’s the difference?
An influencer is a user on social media who has established credibility and a profile in a specific genre (e.g. health and wellbeing), whereas content creators make curated and platform-specific content. While influencers are known for their personality, content creators focus on the format, developing targeted, well-crafted creative that’s on trend.
Both types of social media marketers can be effective; determining which of these will work better to deliver brand messaging depends upon your budget and ROI targets, your campaign goals and who your audience is.
At IMPACT, we’re no stranger to working with both influencers and content creators and seeing the benefits they can bring. From promoting inner wellness to period underwear to garage door openers, we’ve refined the art of selecting, briefing, and managing social media partners to create awareness, grow share of voice and build reputation.
Through our experience, we’ve learnt there are a few key criteria that make an influencer or content creator a better pick than others, including:
- Authenticity: Creators that are true to their audience and values will choose to work with brands that they align with. This leads to content that’s created and consumed with enthusiasm and passion.
- Community management: A strong audience relationship, through encouraging and interacting with comments, is key to building engagement.
- Quality content: Anyone with an iPhone can snap an image and upload it to Instagram, so partnering with creators who take the time to create quality and thoughtful content will make your brand stand out among the scene.
- Attention to brief: As creativity is key, there is still a job to be done! Finding a partner who can strike the perfect balance between imagination and communicating key messages is crucial to effective content.
- Adaptable: Despite careful planning, shifting release dates, news events, lengthy approvals and other unforeseen circumstances can push out deadlines. The key to working through these hiccups will always be communication!
With these in mind, some of IMPACT’s favourite partners include:
- Kat Springer AKA The Organised Housewife
Kat Springer is better known by her Instagram handle and website alias ‘The Organised Housewife’. Kat is a guru for all things home, safety and family with organisational tips that will make all your Marie Kondo dreams come true. Kat is one of IMPACT’s top picks as she offers an authentic and expert voice, she manages the relationship with her audience – and is collaborative and communicative to work with.
Originally TikTokers, Taz and Alessia have branched out to Instagram now, too. Taz and Alessia are selective with the brands they choose to work with, only aligning themselves with companies and products that share their values. Taz and Alessia create quality, fun content – whether it’s a daily vlog, life update, or ranking which snack is best. Their content engages their audience while staying on message.
- Kate Jones AKA Dedikated_Lifestyle
Kate is a long-time Modibodi partner and content creator for the brand. Kate always manages to strike the perfect balance between staying true to her ‘unfiltered’ style and body love content while fulfilling the brief. She has built up a strong rapport with her audience, and creates content that appeals to those who follow her. As a result, Kate always achieves a strong ROI through her affiliate links usage when doing product partnerships.
TikToker and Instagrammer Lawrence Bing primarily creates vlog content that walks viewers through his day. From moments of dealing with IBS, to navigating the world as a trans man, Lawrence creates relatable and original content that fosters connection with his audience. His imaginative content brings product messaging to life, making Lawrence a dream to work with.
Shayelle has built her Instagram following by sharing her lifestyle and passions. From surfing and yoga content, to documenting her run on Survivor Australia, mindfulness is at the core of everything Shayelle posts. Shayelle creates quality, considered content, and works collaboratively with the team.
If you’re interested in growing your share of voice using influencers and content creators, get in touch with us at email@example.com